Happy #MealprepMonday! You guys voted to see a full description of my 4-day meal prep last week, so here it is! I've also written cooking instructions for each of them, including what seasonings/spices I used to flavour everything, too.
This prep took me about 3 hours to wash, cut, prepare and cook everything, which is great to do on a Sunday afternoon before you start your week, or you can even squeeze it in on Monday night (like I do) after dinnertime.
(List is ordered from left to right, top to bottom.)
1. Tomato & Onion Salsa Fresca - Chop up your tomatoes and onions into small chunks and mix together in a small bowl with 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper & garlic. Add cilantro if you like!
2. Baked Carrot Fries - Wash, peel and slice your carrots into small fries. Coat in olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder. Bake in oven at 425F for 25-30 minutes, flipping once mid-way.
3. Sautéed Peppers & Onions - Slice peppers & onions and toss in a heated skillet with a bit of coconut oil. Allow to sweat and become soft before mixing in chili powder and smoked paprika. Add a bit of salt & pepper to taste.
4. Cajun Chicken Thighs - Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and cajun seasoning. Bake in oven at 425F for 25-30 mins or until browned on the edges, turning once.
5. Brown Rice - Cook brown rice in a saucepan over the stove. Once cooked, season with salt, pepper and your favourite herbs. (Sometimes, I'll add a bit of rosemary or parsley in there!)
6. Boiled Green Beans - Wash and trim green beans before throwing into a pot of boiling water. Let them soften up for about 10 minutes. Drain and season with salt & pepper to taste.
7. Garlic Shrimp - Mince some garlic and allow to brown in a nonstick or cast-iron skillet with some coconut oil. Throw shrimp into skillet and cook fully before seasoning with salt & pepper to taste.
8. Sweet Potato Mash - Wash, peel and cut sweet potatoes into large chunks. Throw into a pot of boiling water and allow to get soft so that you can stick a fork into them with ease. Drain and mash with some almond milk, salt, pepper & cinnamon to taste.