If there's one thing I'm really trying to focus on lately, it's making sure not to forget about my greens! Leafy greens - like spinach, kale, arugula, parsley, cilantro & so much more - are all super low-calorie vegetables that are filled with lots of amazing micronutrients that boost your metabolism and immune system. They also serve as a natural antibiotic, keeping the heart healthy and detoxifying the body!
The best way I do this is by adding leafy greens to as many meals as possible. That way, I know I'm getting an adequate amount of those KEY micronutrients, while also increasing the volume of my meals & snacks to ensure I'm always satisfied.
Here are a few of my FAVE ways to incorporate more greens into your diet:
1. Use them as a base for a nutrient-rich salad or macro bowl.
2. Blend them up in your morning protein shake, smoothie or "green" juice.
3. Garnish your meals with chopped herbs like parsley or cilantro for an added "kick".
4. Toss them into hearty chilis or soups.
5. Mix them up in a stir fry for added volume.
Whats your fave way to get in more greens? Comment below!