Whenever I think of "celebration food", I ALWAYS feel like nachos have to be involved. That's why I really wanted to create an easy low-carb, high-protein Loaded Nacho-Inspired Egg Whites to celebrate all this amazing stuff happening this week, while still sticking to my cut. (Yes, it's SO possible!!) This baby's got bacon bits, salsa, avocado, and it's even got jalapeños for an extra "kick".
Trust me, you won't even miss the nachos here.
I N G R E D I E N T S:
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 cup arugula (or spinach, if preferred)
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 2 tbsp 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeños
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt, pepper & your favourite spices
D I R E C T I O N S:
- lay arugula onto a plate
- slice turkey bacon into small "bits"
- fry up egg whites omelette-style in a heated, nonstick skillet or pan (add spices as necessary)
- once fully cooked, lay egg whites overtop of arugula
- in the same pan, cook turkey bacon "bits" until it reaches desired level of crispiness
- sprinkle turkey bacon "bits" overtop of egg whites
- slice avocado and sprinkle overtop of egg whites
- spoon Greek yogurt & salsa overtop of egg whites
- top with pickled jalapeños & a splash of lemon juice
M A C R O S:
355 CALS | 19 C | 14 F | 37 P